Please view the camp policies and procedures in our parent guide.
Our 2022 Covid Health & Safety plan will be available as we get closer to the start of summer camp.
Arrivals and Departures
- Camp runs from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Parents/guardians (or others listed on Medical Form) must sign children out each day. Please do not drop off children before 8:50 AM or pick them up later than 3:00 PM unless they are enrolled in Before or After Care. If there are extenuating circumstances or you are running late, please call the office at 610-793-1090.
- If someone other than those listed on the Medical Form is picking up your child, you MUST let the camp director or your child’s counselor know in advance and in writing.
Lateness and Absences
- The camp day begins at 9:00 AM. If your child will be absent or late, please call BRC at 610-793-1090 prior to 9:00 AM and leave a message. If you are late dropping off your child we cannot guarantee that they will be able to go on the scheduled field trips.
- Campers participating in off-site field trips will be transported by Krapf Busing.
- All water trips will be provided by Northbrook Canoe Company.
- We reserve the right to use any photos/video/artwork of program participants to promote our mission unless otherwise notified in writing.
Medical Forms, Medications and Procedures
- Completed medical forms and all waivers must be on file at the Myrick Conservation Center office by Friday, May 28th. If we do not receive forms by this date your child’s place at camp may be forfeited.
- Please indicate all allergens your child has, the severity of reaction, and action(s) to be taken by BRC staff.
- In cases which appear to be minor in nature, first aid will be administered on the premises.
- In cases which appear serious, the staff will make every effort to carry out the instructions as given on the medical form.
- Parents who do not wish their child to be treated in any way, should indicate this on the medical form, and give directions to be followed in the “special instructions” space provided.
- If adequate emergency instructions are not supplied, or if they cannot be followed at the time of emergency, BRC staff will act according to their best judgement for the welfare of the child.
- Minor accidents or incidents will be communicated to parents/guardians at pick up.
- Parent/guardian will be contacted immediately for more serious incidents.
- If your child is prescribed any medication, please bring it to camp the first day in a baggie with name written on it in permanent marker (this includes EpiPens, inhalers, or other daily medications). During check in, please submit to BRC staff. All medications will remain at camp during the week and will be returned on Friday.
- Campers need to be dressed for the weather and activities. Please wear clothes that can get wet, muddy, dirty, stinky, and worn in all kinds of weather or conditions. Clothing that has images or text pertaining to alcohol, tobacco, illegal substance, political affiliations, or offensive language is not permitted.
- Please label ALL belongings so that they may be returned to their owners. By August 31st all unclaimed items will be disposed of or donated to charity.
Inclement Weather and Emergency Plan
- BRC programs run rain or shine.
- In the event of a weather emergency, BRC staff will contact parent/guardian. Our priority is the safety of your children.
- Please note that trips on the Brandywine Creek may be shortened or cancelled due to high water levels or inclement weather. All efforts will be made to reschedule a trip if it is cancelled.
Code of Conduct
- Campers are expected to act respectfully towards all staff, fellow campers, BRC property, and the natural environment.
- BRC provides an environment free from all forms of improper threats,
intimidation, hostility and offensive and inappropriate behavior … including all forms of bullying (verbal, physical, cyber and emotional).
- Generally BRC staff will issue a warning to camper and notify parent/guardian of any infractions during pickup. However, if the severity of the offense warrants prompt disciplinary action (or is of confidential nature), the parent/guardian will be notified immediately.